Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pick of the bunch from the last two weeks

As promised here are 5+ photos from the last two weeks:


Apple: This image was taken on the spur of the moment; I included it because I particularly like the bokeh (blur) of the background, especially as it was achieved with a cheap lens!






Water film: I have always found the patterns created when water scatters off a curved object fascinating. I like this image but I don't feel as though it really captures the allure of the effect, expect better attempt soon.






Velux sky: The way the picture is framed by underexposed trees on both sides leads the viewer to the beautiful colours of the sky while the angled Velux adds an interest factor to the image.






Epsom Grandstand: This photo was taken on the spur of the moment as I drove home after completing the job that paid for my camera. I pulled in to the car park on a whim and experimented with how to hold the camera still with no tripod; after wedging it in my electric window and resting it on the car I finally settled on resting the camera on a post and using the 2s shutter delay so that could get this 1 second exposure with no camera shake...time for a tripod me thinks.







Coming in to land: A slow shutter speed allowed me to get a blurred background and wings, lending a sense of movement to the image, whilst panning with the bird meant the head and tail feathers remained sharp. Shame it's a pigeon really.







Golden morning: This is the spectacular sight that often greets me when I get in to work.




Comments and criticisms always welcome here /JH

No comments:

Post a Comment